February was WILD, Y’ALL! After two months of “vacation”, I’m back in medical school and I AM TIRED. BUT ALSO I AM DETERMINED. This year is SUPER stressful (it’s my final year and I have exams in July but I’m already so behind???? how????)
Also, I met Roshani Choksi??? Like… WOW. She’s so cool oh my goodness.
So ANYWAY when I landed, I had the worst jet lag ever for a few days (until I was FORCED to go to class–ugh) and during that time I somehow devoured TWO huge books? Like… I don’t even know HOW. And I wanted to finish Gilded Wolves before my flight so I read about 2/3 of that book in a day as well! I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW I DID THAT. WILD.
In other news, I’ve started getting better about my goals for the year. I’ve started hitting 10k steps a day (ALMOST every day, but I’m working on it!). Now that classes have started, I’ve actually started waking up early and dedicating about an hour each morning for studying, which is better than I’ve ever done (YAY!)! That being said, I HAVE NOT started working out yet WHOOPS but that’ll change soon I hope!
Have you started working towards your goals of the year? How was your February? Any new releases from the month that you read? Any new adventures?
- Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by SJM 4🌟
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Choksi 3.75-4🌟
- Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #4) by SJM 5🌟
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #5) by SJM 5🌟
- The Assassin’s Blade (Throne of Glass #0.1-0.5) by SJM 3🌟
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by SJM 3.5-4🌟
Once I finish with the Throne of Glass series, I’ll be posting mini reviews and thoughts about my binge-read!
- The Hate U Give: This was such a good adaptation to the book! I cried–MULTIPLE TIMES
- Instant Family: This was cute, and funny! And definitely had a great message and lovely story!
- Johnny English Strikes Again: Mr. Bean always gets me!
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: I don’t know why I was so excited for this, but it was a bit of a letdown. While it was pretty, it was also pretty predictable! and the story sort of fell flat.
- Carmen Sandiego: I will watch anything with Gina Rodriguez, alright?
- One Day at a Time: I wish I had started watching this show sooner! It’s wonderful! Deals with real issues (racism, PTSD, depression, sexism, etc) and it’s funny and gives all the feelings!