I was nominated by The Geekish Brunette for the Liebster Award and if you aren’t already following her you totally should!
THE LIEBSTER AWARD RULES
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
What is the weirdest book you have read?
I think last year I read this book called I’m Thinking of Ending Things and it was definitely the weirdest book for me! the synopsis said that you would be scared but you wouldn’t know why… and I was creeped out for sure, but it was just so strange and I think it sort of went over my head!
Favorite book to movie adaptation?
Most recently The Hate U Give got such a beautiful adaptation! I cried MULTIPLE TIMES! (other notables–because I can’t help myself– are Catching Fire and Wonder)
What is your favorite book series and why?
Percy Jackson and the Olympians (plus the follow up series The Heroes of Olympus)! Percy was my first ever fictional crush and he will always have my heart! Most kids grew up with Harry Potter but for me it was Percy and his quests! I love his sass and the mythology and everything about it!
If you could collide two book worlds together, what would they be and why?
Hmmm so I love the world from The Young Elites and the darkness and powers would go very well with Vicious by V.E. Schwab!
What is your favorite book couple?
One does not simply have just ONE OTP!!! But obviously it’s Percabeth. Like… duh!
If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
I mean not to get religious but the Qur’an for sure… but if we’re talking just fiction, then Vicious. It’s my absolute favorite!
Besides reading, do you have another hobby?
I like to dance and sing (in the comfort of my room or the car–alone usually) and sometimes I like to do random crafts! Other than that, I’m mostly lazy and watching television and movies!
What is a favorite quote of yours?
Well, my senior quote was “I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.” from The Hunger Games. But mostly recently I’ve fallen in love with “Be as Victorious as the name I have given you and bring the desert to its knees.” from We Hunt the Flame!
Favorite book genre and why?
I mean I love fantasy! Especially if the world building and characters are amazing! I also like contemporary but mostly it depends on my mood!
What was the last book you gave five stars?
WE HUNT THE FLAME OH MY GOSH Y’ALL.
You are to go on a date with your favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend, who is it and what would your date consist of?
So Percy (did you think that would change in the last few questions HAHAHA) would take me to the ocean and we’d just have fun and probably get interrupted by some random chaos because Percy never gets a dam break!
11 Facts About Me
- I am the oldest of four–aka the experiment child in the Desi household
- I wanted to be a spy after reading Gallagher Girls but I realized that wouldn’t work out for me so I stuck with my plan to become a doctor
- One time I met Selena Gomez and my words to her were “oh my gosh you’re real.” because I’m DUMB.
- I read the entirety of the Series of Unfortunate Events and only about seven years later did I realize that Lemony Snicket wasn’t a real name and I was heartbroken
- In high school I was absolutely obsessed with the Hunger Games and I straight up counted down to each movie and annoyed people with it (even had a collage as my desktop background) and I think part of the reason I did that was because I didn’t want to be only known as that girl with the hijab *shrugs* IT WORKED SO HA!
- I once wrote this contemporary retelling of the Little Mermaid and one day I’m going to write it again. ONE DAY.
- I’m bilingual: Urdu and English!
- My favorite Disney movie is Tangled everyone can fight me but it’s the BEST.
- I’m either indifferent to something or VERY VERY HYPED there is no in between.
- My name (Rameela) means cold sand.
- I haven’t been swimming in about two or three years and I MISS IT.
I NOMINATED THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE. THEY ARE ALL AWESOME:
- Justine @ BookishWisps
- Kayla @ Caught Between the Pages
- Matty @ Matty’s Book Avenue
- Di @ Books Reviews by Di
- The Mystique Reader
- Nargis @ NK Literary Nerd
- The Tsundoku Chronicles
- Fizah @ Book Tales by Me
- The Sunshine Hypothesis
- Kim @ Eat, Travel, Read
HERE ARE YOUR QUESTIONS:
- If you could read anything out of a book (like in Inkheart) then what would be the first thing you would read?
- What’s your favorite character and what Hogwarts House would you sort them into?
- What’s an underrated book that you would recommend to anyone?
- If you could be anywhere in the world that you haven’t been before, where would you go?
- What’s a recent book you did NOT enjoy?
- What are some book couples that you don’t ship?
- Is there a song that makes you think of a certain book or character(s)?
- What is one trope you don’t get tired of?
- Surprise! You find yourself in the setting of your favorite book, where would you be? (And would you SURVIVE?!)
- What’s one of your favorite childhood books?
- What is the most valuable lesson you’ve learned from books?