I started this new decade with my last exams of med school (inshaAllah)… which is exciting… and scary… and so exhausting. Did this stop me from adventuring (which is another way of saying procrastinating)? NOT AT ALL.
I decided to join the #demigodathon by some awesome youtubers which definitely kept me sane while trying to study for exams! Plus, I got to start off the new decade with my favorite hero, Percy Jackson!
After my exams ended, I felt like the fish at the end of Finding Nemo:
Now I have to start really studying for the Steps (*cue screaming*). BUTTTTTTTT I’m giving myself a week off to cleanse myself and get organized before getting down to that business.
I have been just cleaning and taking photos for bookstagram and eating and just being overall kind of gross and lazy OH WELL.
I attended Karachi’s Soul Fest which was fun and I got to have some great food! I’d never been to a food festival before so that was new and everything was delicious!
Did you have any fun adventures this month?
Books I Read
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
- The Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan
- The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
- The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
- Agent Zaiba Investigates: The Missing Diamonds by Annabelle Sami: e-ARC 5/5 (RTC)
Obviously the entire Percy Jackson series is a full 5 stars. DUH.
Movies/TV I Watched
- Anne with an E Season 3 (I literally just want Justice for Ka’Kwet)
- Spinning Out Season 1 (this was AMAZING!)
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Season 1 (The first episode I watched because I was curious… it was okay but kind of cringy in the sense that it wasn’t for my age group… but then I got hooked)
- Love Happens (I love Jennifer Aniston but this movie was so dumb)
- Yes Man
- The Dragon Prince Seasons 1-3 (WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS SHOW. WHY DID NO ONE SAY IT WAS A PERCABETH AU)
- Jane the Virgin Season 5 (my friends and I just wanted to know the ending so we watched all the recaps of the episodes and the last two episodes hehe)
- In the Shadow of the Moon (The premise was interesting but about halfway it just started to…meh)
- Awakenings (this was so interesting and now I actually feel like studying again haha)
- Stardust (this is literally my fourth time watching it in the last year because I love this movie so much)
- Chalay Thay Sath (this was a Pakistani movie. The scenery was beautiful and made me want to go back to Northern Pakistan with my friends. The story/direction was just eh)
Did you read anything interesting or watch anything new? Any Recommendations?